OpenGL woes

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Sun Feb 23 07:03:08 CST 2003

I've got a strange behavior with OpenGL:
- an app A, tries to load another app B
- on B startup, in x11drv init, the OpenGL initialization goes havoc:
   after the dl_open is made, fs:teb gets corrupted (ie gets changed)
   the point where this change is made varies over time (I assume, the
   OpenGL lib creates a thread, and depending on thread sync, it happens
   at various points)
- more interesting, the second time one tries to launch B from A, it
   succeeds (in that case the corruption doesn't occur)

those "features" didn't appear before Alexandre latest fd changes to the
server, but I don't think that's a bug in there. It looks more like a
timing/sync issue that the latest changes uncovered, but it likely
existed before and where less prone to happen

my OpenGL libs are from nvidia. Does anyone know what libGL does behind
our back ? is there we can do against it ?

A+
--
Eric Pouech