Don't use -Wpointer-arith if it produces excessive warnings

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Mon Feb 24 00:15:02 CST 2003

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

> Same on RH 6.2. But it's actually bug(s) in string.h and a better way IMHO
> is just fix it, instead of silencing warnings if a user is *really* annoyed
> by that avalanche of warnings.

I agree that it is a bug in string.h, and that it would be better if it
were fixed, but I think most people will not go to the hastle of
modifying their string.h or upgrading their headers... IMO it is cleaner
to not make the warnings.  People who have good headers will have wine
compiled with -Wpointer-arith, and can fix and warnings that they see.

Personally I'd rather not mess with the default header files on my
system, as I'd problem screw them up, and thus screw up every program I
built ;)

Mike