FAQ: best win32 api spy tool?

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Wed Jan 1 18:59:02 CST 2003

Hey Dan,

We've looked into this extensively; looking at both flavors
of apispy (yes, there are two of them, with very similar names),
and a lot of other variations.

However, I've got a half baked W2K based solution similar to
the Detours library from Microsoft.  The advantage to my approach
is that it generates a relay log identical to that of Wine,
which then allows for diffing the log files.

If you'd like to work on this, this might well be a great
project for you, and I'd be happy to do a brain dump and
transfer the work to you.

*I* think it would be wicked cool.  Sadly, most of the Wine gurus
I work with just shake their head and smile whenever I suggest
it deserves priority.

Cheers,

Jer