wineboot - initial version

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at sun.consumer.org.il
Thu Jan 2 02:11:51 CST 2003

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

>On January 1, 2003 12:48 pm, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
>

>>    * _stricmp is not defined, and is called directly instead of as
>>stricmp. * As a result of the above, there is a compilation warning when
>>compiling.
>>

>There's no point in importing msvcrt just for this function.
>Just use lstrcmpiA (exported by kernel32 and defined in winbase.h)
>as suggested by Francois.

The only reason I had for using msvcrt was that I was aiming at having
all of the winelib apps shipping with Wine compile on windows (even if
that makes no sense, as is the case with wineboot).  I will use
lstrcmpiA, thanks.

>As for the patch, please include even new files in the patch
>(as I explained in the message "Re: Tests for URL functions in shlwapi")
>by diffing against /dev/null.

I tried that at first, but diff -u produced slightly different output
than cvs diff -u, and I was worried that the two could not coexist. I'll
make sure I can run patch on the result, and run the diff together
(along with the fix for the stricmp stuff).

                    Shachar