wine/ library/debug.c include/wine/library.h i ...

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Thu Jan 2 22:22:28 CST 2003

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> On January 2, 2003 10:12 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> >         Added wine_dbg_sprintf function that allocates a temporary buffer
> > in the per-thread strings area.
>
> Cool. But what about functions that need to build the string. For example,
> look at debuglvitem_t() in listview.c. Can we get somehow to the max_size?

I'd rather not let users write to the buffer directly. IMO a function
like debuglvitem_t should be dumping things directly to the output,
not build a huge string and then print it. The temporary strings
buffer should be only for really short lived strings.

> >         Added inline functions to format POINT, SIZE and RECT structures.
>
> Can we pretty please get shorter names for them in Wine? Like without the
> wine_ prefix? :)

I'm not sure we want that. I know it's what we have been doing so far,
but it's very confusing to have to use different debugging functions
depending on what part of the code you are in. I think we should try
to move towards a more unified interface.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com