wine/ library/debug.c include/wine/library.h i ...

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Fri Jan 3 17:38:50 CST 2003

On January 3, 2003 07:48 pm, Dan Kegel wrote:
> It doesn't have to be long, it just has to be unique, and have a prefix
> that implies that it comes from Wine.  That way nobody is likely to
> be confused about whose TRACE macro it is.  It's important when visually
> scanning source code that it be fairly obvious what package each identifier
> comes from, IMHO.

And it's even more important that visually scanning source code does not
hurt the eye. For me, it's a sine qua non condition -- I simply do not work
(unless paid, of course :)) on ugly stuff. There is no reason to support
apps that do _WTRACE, _TTRACE, _XTRACE, etc. There is also no reason to show
at source level that the trace statement from Wine is used. None.
This is like having .sh, or .py extensions to scripts. They just expose
implementation details that are better kept hidden.

So no, _WTRACE is a lot worse than WINE_TRACE since it's so ugly.
Dan, don't tell me you want people to use that as is :)

--
Dimi.