problem using msvcmaker to build conformance test suite project file

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Sat Jan 4 12:27:15 CST 2003

> http://www.winehq.com/Docs/wine-devel/testing-windows.shtml says:
>
> > Run msvcmaker to generate Visual C++ project files for
> > the tests. ...
> >
> > $ ./tools/winapi/msvcmaker --no-wine
>
> I did that in my cvs wine directory, and all I got was
> .: searching for /\.spec$/
> .: searching for /^Makefile.in$/
> <internal>: options.pm: member W0B5 does not exists
>
> Um, did I do something wrong?  Or is there a bug in msvcmaker?

There is nothing wrong with msvcmaker on my computer.

The error above is very strange, nothing reasonable
in the script that I think of can have caused it.

> I'm on Red Hat 8.0, btw.

It can be some sort of name collision when the Perl
modules are imported.

My guess is that one (or more) of the imported modules
happens to depend on a module named "options" which
causes a name collision.