Mac OS X/Darwin port of Wine

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Sat Jan 4 12:35:52 CST 2003

> This issue comes up a few times a year (isn't it in a FAQ
> somewhere?)  Anyway, take a look at these threads:

Yeah, this is one of the most persistant 'Wine dream' around :-)

I had once a long discussion with a fellow hacker on this subject (going
into the likes of using Valgrind's virtualization engine to output non-X86
code to do dynamic translation and so on). We agreed that before starting
with Wine, one could start with running, for example, Linux/x86 binaries on
Linux/PPC. That would already validate the fact that you can draw the line
at one point and from there run such an heterogenous environment.

It's a very nice subject... A pitty it has such a low importance (seeing how
X86 dominates the desktop market).

        Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/