Windows XP conformance test update 1/5

David Miller compsol at ptd.net
Sun Jan 5 00:10:40 CST 2003

Not much to report this time but there is something... strange.

kernel32/drive reported the following.

C:\winetests>kernel32_test.exe drive
drive.c:113: Test failed: GetDiskFreeSpaceA(Z:\): ret=0 GetLastError=53
drive.c:165: Test failed: GetDiskFreeSpaceW(Z): ret=0 GetLastError=53
drive: 156 tests executed, 0 marked as todo, 2 failures.

Previously this test passed, so I rebooted to see if the problem went
away.  After reboot the kernel32 test clamed not to be a valid win32
application.  Turns out the size was 0 bytes.  I re-extracted the zip file
and ran kernel32/drive again.  This time is passed.  I have not seen the
failure before but I did run into the "not a valid win32 application"
message before, and the file size was 0 bytes.  Normally I would suspect a
virus to produce that sort of problem, but I've only seen this happen to
the kernel32_test.exe file.  I will attempt to find out if it can be
reproduced and how.  I have an XP laptop as well so I'll try to verify it
is not a system specific problem.

oleaut32/safearray reports 8 failures but the page only shows 4 failures.

C:\winetests>oleaut32_test.exe safearray
safearray.c:137: Test failed: SAC(20,1,[1,0]), result 8, expected 0
safearray.c:143: Test failed: SAGE for vt 20 returned elemsize 8 instead of
expected 0
safearray.c:159: Test failed: copy of SAC(20,1,[1,0]), result 8, expected 0
safearray.c:162: Test failed: SAGE for vt 20 returned elemsize 8 instead of
expected 0
safearray.c:137: Test failed: SAC(21,1,[1,0]), result 8, expected 0
safearray.c:143: Test failed: SAGE for vt 21 returned elemsize 8 instead of
expected 0
safearray.c:159: Test failed: copy of SAC(21,1,[1,0]), result 8, expected 0
safearray.c:162: Test failed: SAGE for vt 21 returned elemsize 8 instead of
expected 0
safearray: 958 tests executed, 0 marked as todo, 8 failures.

Also I don't see urlmon/generated on the status page at all.  It passed.

C:\winetests>urlmon_test.exe generated
generated: 4 tests executed, 0 marked as todo, 0 failures.