Conformance tests status update

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sun Jan 5 17:58:42 CST 2003

Yesterday I compiled and uploaded new Windows binaries for the
conformance tests. The new binaries contain a ton of fixes, in
particular for the following tests but there are more:
    kernel/alloc
    kernel/format_msg
    kernel/path
    kernel/process
    msvcrt/scanf
    netapi32/access
    netapi32/apibuf
    netapi32/wksta

You can find them at the following URL:
http://fgouget.free.fr/wine/tests-en.shtml

That page will also tell you when the Windows binaries were last
updated.

However now I need *help* to fix the following test failures. I.e these
tests fail and I don't know how to fix them so a patch, or hints as to
what needs to be done would be greatly appreciated:
(well, the alternative is that I could also just remove them)

 * kernel32/alloc
   On Win9x fails with:

alloc.c:208: Test failed: GlobalReAlloc failed to convert FIXED to MOVEABLE: error=87
alloc.c:213: Test failed: Converting from FIXED to MOVEABLE didn't REALLY work
alloc.c:238: Test failed: Discarded memory we shouldn't have
alloc.c:239: Test failed: GlobalUnlock Failed.

 * kernel32/file
   On Win9x fails with:

file.c:609: Test failed: WriteFile error 183
file.c:610: Test failed: expected number of bytes written 0
file.c:611:Current offset = 0100
file.c:612: Test failed: expected file offset 21
file.c:617: Test failed: WriteFile error 87
file.c:618: Test failed: expected number of bytes written 0
file.c:620: Test failed: expected file offset 517
file.c:634: Test failed: ReadFile error 0
file.c:635: Test failed: expected number of bytes read 0
file.c:636:Current offset = 0000
file.c:637: Test failed: expected file offset 21
file.c:639: Test failed: pattern match failed

 * kernel32/locale
   Fails on Win98 with:

locale.c:499: Test failed: GetDateFormat check DATE_YEARMONTH with null format expected ERROR_INVALID_FLAGS got return of '10' and error of '0'

 * netapi32/access
   Fails on NT4:

access.c:77: Test failed: NetUserGetInfo: rc=2221
then crashes

   And on Win 2000/XP with:

access.c:95: Test failed: Bad Network Path

 * user32/sysparams
   Messes up the user's environment on Win9x and has lots of failures.

 * user32/win
   Crashes on Win9x when calling SetParent(desktop, hwndMain)

There are more tests that fail and I would certainly appreciate help
with these too (would free me lots of time to do other things on Wine).
Otherwise I will have a crack at them and see what I can do.

  Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
                               -- Barry LePatner