Symbol stripping?

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com
Mon Jan 6 11:00:26 CST 2003

Confused again I'm afraid.

Winedbg gives me a lot of "No debugging information" messages when I
load it up, which makes sense because watching the diagnostic text flow
past during a build I see lots of "strip --strip-unneeded" lines. The
ChangeLog refers to adding this to save disk space, but the man page
says "strip everything not needed for relocation processing".

Doesn't this strip out debug info though, which is sort of useful for
debugging? Am I configuring Wine wrongly? What's happening here?

thanks -mike

--
Mike Hearn <m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com>
QinetiQ - Malvern Technology Center