A humble request for help

Stefan Görling stefan at gorling.se
Tue Jan 7 02:04:08 CST 2003

Thank you for your comments,

>It's not clear whether you're only interested in Wine-related employers
>here, or any employer. For example, all of Martin Wilck's mails
>prominently display "Fujitsu Siemens", which would be hard to miss, but
>still isn't recorded in your list, yet Bill Medland is listed as "ACCPAC",
>so it's a little confusing.

Sorry for confusing you, I am interested in obtaining information about
any employer, provided that they  allow you (directly or simply by
ignorance) to hack Wine during working time. When someone is sending
mails from a Wine-related company, it's quite obvious that this is the
case. But when the mail comes from a company, not directly affiliated
with Wine, it might only be that the person is using his company
mailbox. As for Martin Wilck, there were a lot of comments during the
License-change debate that "This is not the view of my employer", so I
came to the conclution that he probably only used the mailbox. He
corrected me on this, and I am therefore grateful.

>>Also, if you belive that there are others who should be on this list,
>>I've only got one person from Transgaming so far, don't they contribute
>>or are they simply silent on the mailinglist?
>>

>Well, I'm pretty sure a few other TransGaming employees (like Gavriel
>State, David Hammerton, Peter Hunnisett) *have* been seen on the list, but
>probably only occasionally, maybe only a few postings in all of 2002. For
>the most part, issues with Wine (the free version) are my responsibility
>at TransGaming, so the others aren't seen much here. (I suppose they might
>still be interested in answering questions, though, if you want to ask
>them.)
>

>>Andreas Mohr,Codeweavers
>>

>Maybe Andreas can speak for himself, but just in case he doesn't: he's not
>at CodeWeavers. (His only affiliation was an internship a long time ago,
>if I remember right.)

Thanks, Andreas was another one of my uncertainties, in some Weekly list
he was affiliated with CodeWeavers, and it sounded probable that someone
that active should be paid in a project where many are.

Best Regards,

Stefan Görling