wxWindows: it's official!

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Jan 7 13:09:22 CST 2003

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
[...]
>   2. Francois' patch that fixes winsock.h

I'll try to complete it shortly.

>   3. My patch that adds io.h

I'm not sure this one is a good idea. We already have an io.h in the
msvcrt directory as we need it for compatibility with msvcrt. So with
your patch we would have:

include/io.h
include/msvcrt/io.h

That seems like an include order nightmare. Furthermore your header only
contains:
int access(const char *__path, int __amode);

If you use that function you will have to link with the msvcrt.
Ortherwise your Winelib application is going to call the glibc access
function which will choke on the Windows paths 'c:\Temp\xxx.tmp'. So it
seems like you might as well use the msvcrt headers...

May your Tongue stick to the Roof of your Mouth with the Force of a Thousand Caramels.