Problem in dlls/ddraw/dsufrace/main.c

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Wed Jan 8 03:51:52 CST 2003

> trace:ddraw:Main_DirectDrawSurface_GetAttachedSurface
> (0x402a9418)->Looking for caps: 4,0,1,1 output: 0x741ed0
>    Caps are : DDSCAPS_BACKBUFFER
> trace:ddraw:Main_DirectDrawSurface_GetAttachedSurface Surface:
> (0x402a9b38) caps: 1000601c,0,0,0
>    Surface caps are : DDSCAPS_BACKBUFFER DDSCAPS_COMPLEX DDSCAPS_FLIP
> DDSCAPS_3DDEVICE DDSCAPS_VIDEOMEMORY DDSCAPS_LOCALVIDMEM
> trace:ddraw:Main_DirectDrawSurface_GetAttachedSurface Returning surface
> 0x402a9b38 with description :
>  - DDSD_CAPS : DDSCAPS_BACKBUFFER DDSCAPS_COMPLEX DDSCAPS_FLIP
> DDSCAPS_3DDEVICE DDSCAPS_VIDEOMEMORY DDSCAPS_LOCALVIDMEM
>  - DDSD_HEIGHT : 480
>  - DDSD_WIDTH : 640
>  - DDSD_PITCH : 1280
>  - DDSD_LPSURFACE : 0x424b0000
>  - DDSD_PIXELFORMAT : ( DDPF_RGB , RGB bits: 16,  R f800 G 07e0 B 001f)

Well, you completely lost me here... Could you restate your problem from the
beginning ? Because well, in your trace, I see that you actually FOUND a
valid attached surface. So the 'if (found == NULL)' test will be FALSE and
thus whether this code is in or not would not change anything at all.

So I doubt that removing this piece of code would change anything in the
application's behaviour.

The only thing I could see would be that you were running with a quite old
CVS version and when you ugraded you got one fix I did on the
GetAttachedSurface code to handle some problem we had with useless caps in
the DDSCAPS structure being tested whereas they should not have been.

          Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/