Registering DLL's

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Wed Jan 8 20:07:25 CST 2003

"John K. Hohm" <jhohm at acm.org> writes:

> Alexandre, feel free to disapprove of this interface also; most of my
> experience writing interfaces to library pieces has either been big, complex
> Automation stuff to support VB database apps, or object-oriented C++.

That's much better than the previous one. I'm not convinced you really
need to build a static list, you might as well have a function to
register a single interface and call it a number of times.

> I would also like suggestions on whether an interface like this should
> be exported via a static library like libwine_unicode.a (can that work
> when I call advapi32 exports?), via a new wine-specific dll in src/dlls,
> or simply by copying the implementation around to all the COM server dlls
> (my least favorite option).

I'm afraid copying it is the best choice; I don't think we want a new
dll for just a couple of routines. It's not very elegant to duplicate
it, but it shouldn't be a lot of code anyway.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com