html browser for wine (khtml)

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Jan 9 10:21:18 CST 2003

On January 9, 2003 12:14 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> I'd prefer to avoid C++, but if there's no other choice then of course
> we'll have to do it. I'm still hoping that we can find a way to avoid
> duplicating all that code inside Wine, C++ or not.

Well, it seems the only worthy alternatives are Mozilla and KHTML, and
they are both written in C++. I am 100% with you on the non-duplicating
bit: even if we get something in the tree, it's not going to be maintained,
and it will bitrot to fast for words. It would be a huge addition and
burden to maintain for the Wine project.

Galeon does not include Mozilla -- it uses it. There's got to be a way to
use KHTML in a similar manner. Even my first hand approximation (using
the Win32 build of Mozilla) seems like a better option than duplicating
code. If we get that working, I'm sure we can work with the Mozilla team
to find a way of embedding the Linux version. Heck, Galeon does it!

But since I'm not doing that work ...

--
Dimi.