Can't find MFC afx.h

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Thu Jan 9 14:12:23 CST 2003

Hi John,

John Westerman wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I'm currently trying to compile the basic Win32 "Hello world" project
> that VC6 generates for you using Wine.
>
> My problem is that when I run ./configure -with-wine=/usr/local/wine
>
> It fails with the Message "checking for afx.h .... Could not find the
> MFC includes"

Is this application really an MFC application? Winemaker will assume
that an application is an MFC application if it sees that it uses the
'StdAfx.h' header. However by default Visual C++ also uses this header
for its (evil) precompiled header tricks.
So you may want to re-run winemaker with the --nomfc option.

--
Francois Gouget
fgouget at codeweavers.com