Registering DLL's

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Thu Jan 9 17:14:16 CST 2003

"John K. Hohm" <jhohm at acm.org> writes:

> Are you suggesting that the static data defining which classes and
> interfaces to register be located in the same file as the implementation of
> the (un)registration functions?  That would make copying the implementation
> around even more work, since I couldn't just copy regsvr.[hc] and keep the
> differing data in the respective dll-specific sources.

Not really, you shouldn't be copying it around all the time
anyway. Once the functions are working properly they shouldn't need to
change. The idea is that you put everything into regsvr.c, both the
common functions and the dll-specific stuff; then when you want to do
a new dll you copy a regsvr.c and modify the dll-specific parts. This
also allows simplifying the code for dlls that don't need the complete
support.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com