PATCH - Define needed flags when building for Mingw

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 9 23:38:26 CST 2003

--- "Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> wrote:
> On January 10, 2003 12:01 am, Steven Edwards wrote:
> > +    CFLAGS="=$CFLAGS -D__MINGW__ -D_WINDOWS -DWINE_NOWINSOCK" ;
>
> Why do you need these defines? In particular, isn't the compiler
> defining __MINGW__ and _WINDOWS?

I started using them a while back on one of the mingw releases and have just always kept them out
of habit. I thought it was supposed to define them but around the mingw-gcc 2.95.3 release It
didnt do one of them (_WINDOWS) I think. When I first started wine development and was playing
with the stuff Patrik did for MS_VC anything that both MS_VC and Mingw could use I always #ifdef'd
as _WINDOWS. I guess I should have checked to see if this was still needed so yeah its way wrong.

BRAIN FART.

Anyway disregard this anyway because I forgot to test this patch after my ./configure was done.
Now I'm ending up with

gcc -c -I. -I. -I../include -I../include  =-g -O2 -Wall -mpreferred-stack-bounda
ry=2 -gstabs+ -D__MINGW__ -D_WINDOWS -DWINE_NOWINSOCK  -D__WINESRC__ -D_REENTRAN
T -o cptable.o cptable.c
gcc.exe: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations

I really only need a patch that adds "-DWINE_NOWINSOCK" to the CFLAGS if Mingw isnt broken. If I
need anything else it can be added later.

Thanks
Steven