getting started

Glen Kaukola gkaukola at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 10 02:33:27 CST 2003

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> Compiling stuff with visual studio is a first step. But it should be
> very simple to do a Makefile for the examples, how many files do you
> have in one example?
>
> Here is an example Makefile that you can use under mingw:
> (let me know if it doesn't work, I just typed it inline here, no testing)

Well I know at least the basics of Makefiles already, on linux anyhow.
I'm thinking I can easily come up with one for each of the sample
programs in my books.  I guess I was confused by the suggestion to use
the Makefiles from my book, thinking that there would be something
special about them.  I'm not very familiar with windows development, so
it's an honest mistake.  It seems studio doesn't even use makefiles
though.  By the way, I feel terrible about it, hehe, but I went out and
got visual c++.  So I guess I'll be testing any executables I produce
with it as well as going the other route with mingw.  So now unless I
have any unforseen problems, you probably won't hear from me for a while
until I find something that doesn't work.

Thanks for taking the time to help me get started.