wine/programs/wineboot wineboot.c Makefile.in

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at sun.consumer.org.il
Sat Jan 11 16:47:41 CST 2003

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

>On January 11, 2003 05:26 pm, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
>

>>The problem is that buffer is defined as a
>>"const WCHAR *", while free expects "void *".
>>

>Change the var to WCHAR *, why would you free a const string
>without a warning?

My mistake after all. I wasn't thinking straight (does slight fever
count as an excuse?). The var should be WCHAR *. I see it now - since
the buffer was written to using RegQueryValueEx, and therefore required
a cast to LPBYTE, I didn't catch this error. That is part of the reason
Strastroup says casts are evil....

Do you want an official patch, or will you just remove the "const"?

            Shachar