Shell Ordinals

Jürgen Schmied j.schmied at t-online.de
Sun Jan 12 07:29:47 CST 2003

Hi!

We have a problem here...

win9x and winnt have a very different set of ordinal functions exported.

We have to decide what we support. At the moment most ordinals functions
are win9x style. We should never mix both cases since then both explorer won't
run.
I think we don't have any chance to get the win9x explorer running. A long
time ago I did a lot of explorer debugging and the nt4 explorer was nearly running
since it's not as much involved into the booting of the system as the win9x one.
So I would suggest to change the ordinals into the nt ones. It would cause some
9x only functions to be removed.
The change of shell32.spec should be done in one go.

PS: Since I recently started to do some shell32 work again: Who is doing what at the
moment?

Bye

Juergen

juergen.schmied at debitel.net
FAX über T-Online Fax&Fon: 01805 060 334 316 35 (12Cent/Min)