Wine, Mozilla & IE ?

Johan Dahlin jdahlin at async.com.br
Mon Jan 13 06:14:37 CST 2003

> That's another possibility of course, that you might wish to look into
> Ender. GTK-HTML doesn't get the same amount of press that KHTML does,
> but it's written in C and is actually a fairly capable embedded html
> renderer. It relies upon GTK/GDK which already has a port to Windows,
> the GNOME help system uses it for rendering afaik so it should be easier
> to integrate with Wine. Finally it supports editing, which might come in
> useful in future.

There is actually two different HTML renderers that's used in GNOME
gtkhtml and gtkhtml2

GtkHTML was originally a port of a very old version of KHTML to Gtk+.
gtkhtml2 was written from scratch.

GtkHTML is used by evolution for both showing html (in html messages)
and for editing, in the composer. I think there exist a browser
somewhere which use this widget. But as far as i can say i don't think
it renders web pages very good.

gtkhtml2 on the other hand is the library used by yelp, the GNOME 2 Help
system which support css quite well. But no editing and is more or less
unmaintained. At one point in the future it will be abandoned and GNOME
will use GtkHTML in the help browser instead.

--
Johan Dahlin <jdahlin at async.com.br>
Async Open Source