The version info patches + d3d question

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Mon Jan 13 09:04:10 CST 2003

> >the problem is they dont run even with the patches because they cant get
> >version info from d3dim.dll and probably other d3d dlls.
> >since wine doesnt have these dlls how can wine give these programs the needed
> >info or is it planned to split ddraw in a ddraw and a d3d component?
>
> actually, we are speaking about d3d architecture, but it will be possible to implement d3dim.dll (minors d3d calls) into near future using the "new" codebase.
> And d3d component (for version 3..7) is contained into ddraw.dll

I don't even know WHAT d3dim.dll is :-) What does it contain for API ?

I know about D3DRM.DLL (that won't be supported) for the 'retained mode' API
but I thought that all 'immediate mode' API was in ddraw.dll and not in a
separate library.

Why not first test with an empty DLL with just the version ressources in it
and see if it's enough ?

           Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/