Sysparams registry tests

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Jan 13 12:33:27 CST 2003

Here are the failing user32/sysparams registry tests on Win95, Win98 and
NT4.

sysparams.c:676:testing SPI_{GET,SET}MENUDROPALIGNMENT
sysparams.c:161: Test failed: Wrong value in registry: subKey=Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows, valName=MenuDropAlignment, testValue=1, value=
sysparams.c:161: Test failed: Wrong value in registry: subKey=Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows, valName=MenuDropAlignment, testValue=0, value=
-> on Win9x this is in Control Panel\desktop

sysparams.c:711:testing SPI_{GET,SET}DOUBLECLKWIDTH
sysparams.c:161: Test failed: Wrong value in registry: subKey=Control Panel\Mouse, valName=DoubleClickWidth, testValue=0, value=
sysparams.c:161: Test failed: Wrong value in registry: subKey=Control Panel\Mouse, valName=DoubleClickWidth, testValue=10000, value=
-> on Win9x this is in Control Panel\desktop

sysparams.c:741:testing SPI_{GET,SET}DOUBLECLKHEIGHT
sysparams.c:161: Test failed: Wrong value in registry: subKey=Control Panel\Mouse, valName=DoubleClickHeight, testValue=0, value=
sysparams.c:161: Test failed: Wrong value in registry: subKey=Control Panel\Mouse, valName=DoubleClickHeight, testValue=10000, value=
-> on Win9x this is in Control Panel\desktop

sysparams.c:644:testing SPI_{GET,SET}ICONTITLEWRAP
sysparams.c:161: Test failed: Wrong value in registry: subKey=Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics, valName=IconTitleWrap, testValue=1, value=
sysparams.c:161: Test failed: Wrong value in registry: subKey=Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics, valName=IconTitleWrap, testValue=0, value=
-> on NT4 this is in Control Panel\Desktop

Notice how this is not even a clean separation between NT OSes and Win9x
ones: Win9x aligns with XP for SPI_SETICONTITLEWRAP but not NT4, while
for the other settings it's the opposite.

Anyway, is it worth keeping these tests? That is making sure that
SPI_xxx stores the setting in the registry key we expect? Do we know of
applications that depend on these specific settings? If not then I will
just submit a patch to remove these checks.

Or maybe Wine should store these settings in all known locations?

Note that I already removed these tests for SPI_ICONHORIZONTALSPACING
and SPI_ICONVERTICALSPACING because for these Windows does not even
always store the same value: sometimes it's the value we provide but
most of the time that value seems to be multiplied by -15 (resulting in
the negative number!). And the -15 changes to anothe value if you change
the icon size.

          tcA thgirypoC muinelliM latigiD eht detaloiv tsuj evah uoY