Help wanted: Implementing Wine dlls that need access to X11 commands.

Robert North 7ownq0k402 at sneakemail.com
Tue Jan 14 16:25:12 CST 2003

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer-at-free.fr |Wine Mailing Lists| wrote:
>>I tried to make sense of this issue by referring to direct draw and open
>>gl dlls, but just got more confused.
>

> Do NOT look at DirectDraw or OpenGL for references as how it is done... The
> current stuff there are mostly hacks to get the DLL separation to work (ie
> for DDraw, it should go through a proper HAL and for OpenGL, it's not
> documented how Windows did it, so we did our own hacks).

So, that explains why I got confused ;-)

But I face a similar problem of dll separation.
Infact anyone who has to access X11 features not exposed in x11drv will
face dll separation problems.

So, in hindsight, what advice would the DirectDraw or OpenGL developers
give to someomne facing dll separation problems?

Thanks
	-Rob.