Implementation of "start" command

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Jan 16 11:30:01 CST 2003

Dan Kegel wrote:
> I saw somebody at work type the following commandline in Windows:
>    start notepad blah.c
> He said "It's the easiest way to bring up a random file in Notepad."
>
> Well, of course Wine should be able to do that, I realized
> when I woke up this morning, and I vowed to make it happen
> before I went to work today.  So here's a quickie implementation
> of the start command.  Seems to work... comments welcome.

BTW, with this implementation,
    start notepad
works, and
    start wordpad
will probably work if you have the right registry entry (attached), but
    start foo.txt
probably won't... I'll try it out, and maybe improve ShellExecute if
needed.

Also, start takes a number of switches; I'll try to implement them soon.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com