Implementation of "start" command

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Thu Jan 16 12:54:05 CST 2003

Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> writes:

> I'd be ok with a wine bin, but I don't think FHS or LSB
> define a program called "start", so there's not much chance of clash
> if we install 'start'.  And 'start' is *very* handy.
>
> (And we already have a clash ... should we rename programs/view
> to not clash with vi's view alias, or is 'view' specified by windows?)

'view' is not installed in /usr/bin, and 'start' shouldn't be
installed there either, it's very likely to conflict with something
else. Since we install the .exe.so in /usr/lib/wine it will be
available from wcmd anyway, and you can run it directly from the Unix
cmdline with 'wine start', which is acceptable IMO.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com