Running Wine with a Windows install

Tom Wickline twickline2 at triad.rr.com
Sat Jan 18 07:29:22 CST 2003

I have hit a small road block in updating the Packagers Guide
and i'm in need of a little help here :)
Section 3.3 :  http://www.winehq.com/Docs/wine-pkg/pkg-winpartition.shtml
Talks about useing files from an installation of the actual Microsoft
Windows operating system.
And as I dont have Windows on this box and I only have Win2000 on my
second HD at this time
I am not sure if this section is out of date. And what the differances
between 9x and NT, 2K, XP are.
So if you have Windows on your box or if you run Wine with Windows can
you send me the
path to the .dat files .ini file and system dlls ?

In the future is this going to be done for the user by a config script ?

One more question while im at it :)) I sent a patch to wine-patches
about 6 hours ago
and its still not listed how long does this take ? are the patches
moderated before being posted ?

Tom