dlls/ddraw/dsurface/user.c and OWN_WINDOW & Worms World Party

Jani Vaarala flamepygmy at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 19 20:27:13 CST 2003

Hi.

I tried to get Worms World Party working with wine
(tried latest wine from CVS, winex 2.2.1 ...) and none
of these worked. I don't get graphics output of any
kind
on these.

In version 2002-06-05 graphics output is ok, but mouse
events seem to be going to /dev/null. I tried
different
versions and I found out that 2002-06-28 had a fix
labeled:

   "Disable OWN_WINDOW as it no longer works."

I tried defining OWN_WINDOW in latest build and the
graphics came out ok. But no mouse events. If I
undefine
OWN_WINDOW, I get the mouse (can hear the menu
selection
sounds), but no graphics.

When I get no graphics, it seems that GDI heap
overflows
aswell.

I'm not a windows expert, so it would take quite long
time to find out what is actually the reason for this.

Could someone from this list take a look at it ?

--jani