Installshield 6 crash: ole trouble

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Jan 22 15:50:36 CST 2003

Marcus Meissner wrote:

> I will add a large message suggesting that.

Thanks.  (I'm also looking forward to the possibility of
wine having its own stdole32.tlb soon.)

>>It looks like there's a Heisenbug here.  If I run without
>>logging, I get a window titled "Unhandled Exception",
>>with contents
>>"Error Number: 0x80040706
>>Setup will now terminate."
>

> I have seen this on and off, but I thought I fixed it.

Interestingly, under wine20020605, I am able to complete
the installation program.  Thus we seem to have a regression.
Which would be more helpful: me tracking down which patch
caused the regression, or me sending some more knowledgeable
person a minimal test case?

Thanks,
Dan

--