RtlpWaitForCriticalSection?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Jan 22 16:46:48 CST 2003

Christian Costa wrote:
>>> I think, It would be cool to have all locks named and thus make
>>> debugging and bug report easier.
>>> It's not a hard task but names must be meaningfull. :-)
>>
>> I guess you mean all Wine locks should be named
>
> Yes! :-)
>> Naming the Wine locks would be nice (or is it done already?).
>
> No, it isn't.

All the static CRITICAL_SECTIONs in Wine DLLs have names.
The only unnamed ones are those that are initialized at runtime.
To give these a name, we'd either have to convert them to
static initialization, or change InitializeCriticalSection
to somehow generate a name from the caller's program counter.

>> But more
>> than meaningful names, what we would need are grep-able names :-)
>>
> What do you mean with grep-able ?

Ones that are easy to search for, e.g. that contain
the source filename.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel