Doccumetation issue: "The Service Thread" Does it exist?

Robert North 7ownq0k402 at sneakemail.com
Thu Jan 23 11:30:57 CST 2003

This concerns the documentation on thw www.winehq.com website, if it's
out of date, then this post may be irrelevant.

In the "Wine Developer's Guide"
In Section 8.1.4, "The Service thread"

Says there exists a service thread, that is implemented in:
	 scheduler/services.c.
It also says this thread is used to support the X11 driver's event loop.

Firstly, I cannot find the "scheduler/services.c" file.

Secondly from my reading of the x11drv code, the X11 event loop is
serviced for every call of to X11DRV_MsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx,
which is inturn called by MsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx, and GetMessage.
Therefore, whichever thread is active will service the X11 event queue.

It also appears, because each thread has it's own XDisplay object that
messages created by a X11 window will only be picked up in the thread
that created the window.

Am I correct, or have I missed something fundamental?

Bye
	-Rob.