Whither fnt2bdf?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Thu Jan 23 12:21:12 CST 2003

Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> writes:

> Does that mean Wine can natively handle .fnt fonts (which
> X libraries can't natively, I believe) as client side X fonts?

My understanding is that FreeType can support bitmap fonts, but that
it's not implemented in Wine yet; Huw can give you the details. Anyway
most of the need for fnt2bdf was to convert the Windows standard
fonts, and these are basically all TrueType now.

> I suppose Wine would need some user-space app to manage
> these fonts, then?

I guess we could have a font control panel at some point, but there
isn't that much to manage anyway. As long as the font files are
somewhere on the font path everything should just work.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com