Windows API database

David Miller compsol at ptd.net
Thu Jan 23 13:28:11 CST 2003

I would be interested in knowing more about the goals of this
project.  Don't consider me officially working on such a thing just yet.  I
have no real perl experience, but would like to learn.  First I'd like to
know more about what I'm up against.

1.  Is there a specific set of dll's and exe's we want included in the
database or does it need to scan and gather a list of all dll and exe
files?  That would suggest a clean OS install is necessary.

2.  What information should be in the database? (OS ver, name of dll or
exe, name of imported dll, APIs and whether they are imported or exported,
etc.)

3.  Will a single MySQL table do or does it need to be a relational
database with multiple tables?

4.  Anything else you can tell me about this task?