PATCH: glibc 2.3.x and errno

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Fri Jan 24 12:15:23 CST 2003

Marcus Meissner <meissner at suse.de> writes:

> The afore mentioned glibc guru did not have any ideas either.
>
> There however is a happy but messy end, which appeared to me
> yesterday:
> 	Overwrite those 2 functions with a jump to our implementations.

I'm afraid that won't be enough. When using thread-local storage,
glibc doesn't even call __errno_location any more, it directly stores
errno into the thread storage using %gs. It seems the only solution is
to make Wine threads work on top of libc threads, but that will be
messy.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com