A strange problem with xmpeg

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Sat Jan 25 14:37:01 CST 2003

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 09:10:19PM -0500, Waldeck Schutzer wrote:
> I have more data on item (2). I traced back the problem to be in
> Main_DirectDraw_CreateSurface. The application (or even wine itself) had
> requested a surface with flags DDSCAPS_VIDEOMEMORY and DDSCAPS_OVERLAY
> set. These are apparently not supported and, instead of failing, that
> function assumes the creation of an offscreen surface instead. However,
> it seems the other parameters (including surface BPP) were not
> adequately set, which causes wine to crash later on
> in DDRAW_width_bpp_to_pitch.

Well, no need to debug further, OVERLAY are not supported anymore in Wine
right now.

Re-adding support this is on my TODO list but I am now doing Direct3D work
and do no want to 'spread too thin' on multiple things so it may be a while
(if ever) before it's re-added.

I guess that a patch would be to return an error at surface creation when
OVERLAY are requested.

                    Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/