NSIS visual corruption

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Sat Jan 25 17:28:36 CST 2003

Hi, the Nullsoft Installer for Rhymbox (rhymbox.com) displays the
following visual corruption:

http://www.theoretic.com/mike/nsis-corruption.png

because WS_CHILD and WS_CAPTION are set for that window. A few
questions:

- Is it legal to have WS_CHILD and WS_CAPTION together? I can't think of
a time you'd actually need this, but MSDN doesn't say you can't have
them together. I'm wondering if the apis silently choose one over the
other.

- For some reason the inner window (the one with ws_caption set when it
shouldn't be) has the same window class as the main window.... is that
right?

- What normally causes an app to pass in bad styles? I checked and they
aren't corrected later.....

- The app seems to be linked with the visual c++ GetProcAddress lazy
binding system, which means that for instance calls to CreateWindowEx
don't show up in the relay trace. It also makes logger/logview rather
useless. Is there any way of getting around this? Is wine aware of that
trick, or do you then just have to go by the trace messages?

thanks -mike