Windows API database

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Jan 27 21:27:54 CST 2003

Dave Miller wrote:
> So for starters, we want something like this?  It doesn't look very
> impressive.  :)
>
> http://home.ptd.net/~compsol/imported_dll.txt

Yes, but probably want to convert all filenames to
lower (or upper) case, and sort them alphabetically.

Next step is to take that data and turn it into a
graph or map of some sort.  Perhaps the same sort
of map I did to display Usenet connectivity of la.personals
years ago... here's the "map": http://www.alumni.caltech.edu/~dank/la.personals/map.html
and here's the code: http://www.alumni.caltech.edu/~dank/ftp/map/

> However, my system is by no means a clean install of WinXP home so most of
> thos DLLs probably don't belong to windows.

Yeah, you'll probably want to run this on a clean install sometime.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com