App works almost perfectly, but one MDI screen won't draw

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Wed Jan 29 18:32:29 CST 2003

Mike Hearn wrote:

> These sound like a problem I'm seeing with the Adobe SVG plugin,
> which means that unfortunately I have to go back to Windows during
> the day. Basically the app doesn't blit its backbuffer in response
> to WM_PAINT messages in my case, however, forcing it to redraw itself,
> for instance due to animation, or a mouseover script causing it to change
> makes it happen.
>
> I keep meaning to look into it, last time I tried I was pretty inexperienced
> at reading relay traces (well, still am :).

I spent a lot of time learning how the bitblt stuff works for the patch
I sent in a few weeks ago (which was to fix a similar problem), and
stared at a lot of relay traces related to that. So if you narrow it
down to a small part of the relay trace and are stuck, go ahead and send
it to me (or post it). The bitblt stuff is rather tricky.

I'm assuming "Adobe SVG" is a commercial product?