wrc: drop header file generation

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Wed Jan 29 18:51:19 CST 2003

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> Not so. Looking at the header file generated by wrc,
> it occured to me that it is exporting symbols that it
> shouldn't be exporting in the first place. I think the
> options where added long ago for compatibility with the
> old resource compiler.

No, it's exporting symbols to reference the resource data directly, in
case you don't want to go to the trouble of parsing the resource
directory and you just want the data. It's true that the header is not
really useful since you can add extern statements in the code that
uses the data; I think we should keep the -g option though, otherwise
in asm mode you are forced to parse the resource descriptor which
isn't much fun.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com