Problems installing Office 2k(from latest cvs)

Boris boris at boris.ca
Wed Jul 2 20:43:39 CDT 2003

I have downloaded the latest wine cvs and it seems that trying to install
Office 2000 on a clean wine installation doesn't go very far anymore. I can
enter my cd key and tell it where to install my data but before the screen
showing the files being installed, wine all of a sudden ends but the office
2k setup screen is still showing. I did a wine --debugmsg +all and it seems
that it sits in an infiniate loop.

kernel32.WaitForMultipleObjectsEx(00000001, 4066fce4, 00000000, 00000000,
00000000) ret=40a5011f
select (flags=12, cookie=0x4066fa40, timeout=1057094105.0 (-0.000019),
handle={0x4c,0x58} )
select() = PENDING

And just sits there. This looks even worse then a few months ago. I would
really love to get Office 2k or even better Office XP installed.