WWN idea.....

Dustin Navea speeddymon at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 3 19:44:05 CDT 2003

Hey guys, just got an idea for a new feature in the WWN articles...

If you look at any major news site, they post a headline and a short version
of each story they publish.  Usually as part of the headline, they include a
link to the full story, and in the full story they include links to other
relevant sites/stories and stories on other news sites..

My idea is kind of a spin-off of that.  I sometimes find that I want to read
the entire thread of a story posted in WWN, or if it is something that wasnt
discussed in a thread, but was like news about someone being interviewed, I
want to be able to read the interview right away...

What if we put a link to the relevant item in the headline..  (i.e. if it is
a thread, make it a link to the start of the thread in the winehq archives,
and if it is something else, like an interview, make it a link to the actual
interview)

Just a crazy idea I had that would make the WWN articles just that much
better..

Comments, tweaks, suggestions, flames always welcome ;)

=====
--
Dustin Navea

Minor Contributor, winehq.com