Known Wine ToDo's

Robert Reif reif at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 4 07:11:31 CDT 2003

Tom wrote:

> [DirectSound]
>
>     - Hardware accelerated direct sound driver support using the
> wince2 hal api

    - Hardware accelerated direct sound capture driver support using the
Windows CE2 HAL API

The Windows 95 VxD HAL API doesn't support DirectSound capture.
MS added a capture HAL API to Windows CE2 which is available on MDSN.
I borrowed this API for the OSS driver and added support in the Direct
Sound
code to use the standard winmm api or the new one.  Unfortunately, the
driver
side of this isn't finished. I have a version using select for
notifications but select is
not well supported in OSS and the OSS buffer size restrictions
complicate this
even more.  I am still trying to find a solution that is fast and works
under all
conditions but I'm afraid I will need to go back to a timer based
solution (hopefully
just as a fallback).