Speeding up wineserver (again)

Kelly Leahy kellyleahy at swbell.net
Mon Jul 7 21:49:25 CDT 2003

Troy,

Are these calls your own creation or do they already exist in some form in
the server?

Why does the "get object data" call not have an offset, but the "set object
data" does?  Is offset intended to allow incremental updates of the object's
data?

Do you need a "get acl" function, or is the ACL going to reside in the
user's space (or in the object data?)?

If you're going to allow an "attach to kernel" functionality, shouldn't it
return an opaque handle that is passed to all other functions so that the
same client can make calls on different instances of the kernel?  This would
make it easier, for instance, to write management utilities that access more
than one kernel.  If you want such functionality, you probably also need a
way to enumerate the running kernels.

Kelly