Question about IPC between WINE and other processes

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Thu Jul 10 13:24:38 CDT 2003

> fixme:class:get_class_ptr reading from class of other process window
> 0x2002a
> err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 0x2003a belongs to other process

Well these two are known problems. I think it's something Alexandre will
be working on at some point, inter-process window communication isn't
really implemented well in Wine at present.

> Also I found other errors when I launch my window appication under
> wine:
>
> err:module:import_dll No implementation for USER32.dll.GetTitleBarInfo
> imported from C:\ping\exe\ping.exe, setting to 0xdeadbeef
> err:module:import_dll No implementation for USER32.dll.GetMenuBarInfo
> imported from C:\ping\exe\ping.exe, setting to 0xdeadbeef

Unless the program actually uses them, this isn't a problem. If it does,
the app will crash, at which point we'd need to write those functions or
stub them out.

thanks -mike