Question about IPC between WINE and other processes

dd jj xmen21cn at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 14:41:26 CDT 2003

Thank you for response. The following is my further question:

Here is my case:

Now I am trying to run our own developed application under wine, the original function of this app is working as a background daemon without GUI who is trying to figure out some window information under the current cursor, such as the window title, class name using GetWindowTitle, GetClassName ... WIN32 API calls.

When I run this under WINE, it can't "see" any other Local X application windows such as Xterm, Xclock... which don't run under WINE.

I am wondering whether I can recompile the codes to generate a lcoal X application using winelib to solve this problem, or I must write X11 based codes?

Thanks a lot!

-Lechun

Mike Hearn <mike at theoretic.com> wrote:
> fixme:class:get_class_ptr reading from class of other process window
> 0x2002a
> err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 0x2003a belongs to other process

Well these two are known problems. I think it's something Alexandre will
be working on at some point, inter-process window communication isn't
really implemented well in Wine at present.

> Also I found other errors when I launch my window appication under
> wine:
>
> err:module:import_dll No implementation for USER32.dll.GetTitleBarInfo
> imported from C:\ping\exe\ping.exe, setting to 0xdeadbeef
> err:module:import_dll No implementation for USER32.dll.GetMenuBarInfo
> imported from C:\ping\exe\ping.exe, setting to 0xdeadbeef

Unless the program actually uses them, this isn't a problem. If it does,
the app will crash, at which point we'd need to write those functions or
stub them out.

thanks -mike