MS OLE questions

Ove Kaaven ovek at arcticnet.no
Thu Jul 10 17:55:28 CDT 2003

tor, 10.07.2003 kl. 12.44 skrev Mike Hearn:
> Most of it is generated by MIDL.

Yes. I still haven't made widl generate this stuff itself (but then
again, midl is known to reliably generate MS-compatible code, which it
would be hard to trust widl to do 100% even after implementing it).

> Ove, can you remember what that book was called, the one that talked
> about what OLE does at thread shutdown?

Not sure. I have "Essential COM" by Don Box, which goes in pretty good
depth about what happens behind the scenes, though unfortunately not
every possible detail is covered. It's also possible that I read it is
one of his articles available on MSDN (you had a link to one of them,
but there are others), but still, the book is a very, very informative
read.