Dungeon Crafter

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Sat Jul 12 07:38:20 CDT 2003

> Just to help you, some hints.
> The problem is not with
> 	err:ole:_jpeg_skip_input_data (3506), should not get here.
> 	Corrupt JPEG data: 370 extraneous bytes before marker 0x03
>
> In most of cases, these extra bytes are stuffs put by jpeg compressor
> like in numerical camera.

Maybe in that case it shouldn't be an err - I would have guessed that
this was the problem if you had not said otherwise. If digital cameras
place that data there, perhaps it should be a warn instead?

> Try upgrading your libjpeg, mybe it will solve the "Unsupported marker
> type 0x03" message.

Likewise, it might make sense to put this advice in the error message
itself, so people know. I would not have known Wine used libjpeg to
parse these images.

thanks -mike