API tracking and documentation

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Sun Jul 13 14:25:41 CDT 2003

Steven Edwards <steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hello,
> The ReactOS project is interested in making a change to WINE the function commented that would
> make API tracking a little nicer. We have implemented a web page like the mono project has that
> shows the implemented and unimplemented functions in the API. Will the WINE project accept patches
> to the comments to support this type of tracking system? It would be nice because you guys could
> implement the same thing on your website. If the answer is no it is REALLY going to be a PITA for
> us to diff our sources to yours for every function.

I don't think we want to clutter up the source code with this kind of
thing. We already have a status page on winehq.com, and while the
percentages are still very approximative, at least they have some
meaning. Doing statistics on the number of implemented/unimplemented
functions is useless, it doesn't give any information about how well
the dll will behave in real use. But if you really want to do that it
should be easy to maintain a list of functions in a separate file; or
you can simply grep for 'stub' in the spec files.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com